Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Dylan's Update: Round 1 of Ontario CMRC Provincial motocross Championships

I know it's been a while since I've sent an update so let me get you up to speed.  I've been super busy balancing teaching, coaching, training, and riding (oh ya and planning a wedding - ok, actually Lindsey's taking care of that - isn't she the best?!). I'm just riding the 450 this year which I'm really happy about actually. I've decided to race the Ontario Provincials and the 5 East Coast Pro Nationals, as well as a few select Pro-Ams in the U.S.

I picked up an '09 for a great price at Yamaha East in Ohio and they've been helping me out a lot with parts which has been great. DYDD Systems helped me do up all the graphics for my van which looks awesome and will be getting lots of great exposure for all my sponsors (don't forget this van is also my daily commuter!) - thanks Daniel! I also need to say how awesome the graphics Decal Works did for my bike this year - I was getting a lot of complements at the race. I'm super pumped to have Troy Lee Designs Canada, Dr. D, Factory Connection Canada, Vortex, Scott USA, Strictly MX, and Savage Racing Products helping me out again this year too. Fate Photography (aka Lindsey) of course will be responsible for the awesome photos I'll continue sending throughout the year. I'll be posting some new riding photos later this week at www.dylanlanglois.com as well as my facebook fan page (search DL Racing).

Race Report:
It was at Gopher Dunes for Round 1 of the Provincials and also my first race of the year. I was supposed to get in a "warm up" race last weekend but the weather didn't cooperate so it took me a moto to get the first race jitters (and arm pump!) out of my system...well actually I think it took 2 or 3 to get all the arm pump out of my system! Nonetheless, I was pretty satisfied with how everything turned out considering the luck I had at my 2 appearances last year at that track (blown up bike and an injured knee) and that I haven't raced since last September...man do I need to work on my starts in the sand though. Here's my results:

MX1 Pro: 11-9, 9th overall (22 riders)
Youth: 4-6, 5th overall (18 riders)

Now that the ball's rolling, I'm already looking forward to this weekend at Auburn for Round 2!
Thanks again to everyone who's sticking behind me this year and for all the ongoing support - I couldn't do it without all of you.

Dylan

Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: