Friday, July 30, 2010

Can anyone say SMOOOTH? Ste. Julie national for Schrader’s Yamaha DC ATM PerformX SMX

s.maffenbeier_10_stejulie_jl_1217.jpg

Photo by James Lissimore

 

Well for anyone who doesn’t like ruts, narly sections, or any kind of obstacle the Ste. Julie perfectly prepared track would be for you this past weekend. “ The track looked amazing as we went out for practice…and qualifiers…and moto one and moto two,” said Schrader’s Yamaha DC ATM PerformX SMX rider Shawn Maffenbeier. “It was almost to perfect. The dirt was similar to my home track, but we even develop some ruts and bumps.”

 

With a slow start in the first moto and a small side trip out in the rubarb, Shawn pushed through for a 20th finish. The second moto saw the Yamah, GYTR, Yamalube bike off the line with a strong 10th place start. “Shawn had some great battles with Paul Carpenter and Generoux,” said Randy Maffenbeier. “The most exciting was the battle between Keast, Shawn and Carpenter as the all looked for an opening.”

 

Even with the intense heat and humidity the PerformX trained Shawn Maffenbeier claimed a 16th overall for the day. This allowed Shawn to maintain his 12th overall in the series. “If Shawns improves his starts and remains consitant throughout the remainder of the season, his goal of top 10 is in sight.” Said owner/manager Jackie Maffenbeier.

s.maffenbeier_10_stejulie_jl_0924.jpg

Photo by James Lissimore

The Schrader’s Yamaha DC ATM PerformX SMX Racing team is sad to announce that Denaye Giroux is most likely out for the rest of the race year. “I was practicing and another rider entered the track in a blind spot as I took off from a jump,” said Giroux. “I landed on the rider and have multiple injuries that have ended my season. I can’t begin to express my disapontment. I was looking forward to challenging for the number 1 plate at the final Women’s National shootout at Walton. At this time I need to heal and look forward to the work for next season. I would like to thank all the people who have supported me this season and especially to all my great sponsors who make it possible for me to try to reach my goals and dreams.”

 

Follow us on Twiiter, Facebook and at www.smxracing.ca

 

Screen shot 2010-05-28 at 7.58.39 AM.png

 





Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: