Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dylans Update: St. Julie National

A bit of a rough weekend for me in Quebec...
Ive been to St. Julie twice before (07 & 08) and failed to qualify on both occassions...I finally put that streak to an end as I did manage to qualify (narrowly). Whatever it is about that track, it just doesnt seem to like me.
 
The lap times were all real close after practice and I knew it would be tight to qualify. There were 20 guys within 2 seconds and 59 guys trying to qualify. After qualifying I was 42nd and had to go to the LCQ (urggghhh), luckily, I pulled off my best lap on the last lap of the LCQ and got the last spot! (way too close for comfort).
 
Oh ya, in my qualifier I almost ate it off a step up...hit a low line and came up a bit short, cased it, bounced, and ran over my left foot and ankle...its still pretty sore...
 
In the first moto I pulled a 21st place start but just couldnt find my grove...I faded back to 30th. It was wierd, I wasnt even tired when I pulled off but I couldnt seem to ride any harder out there. Definitely not a good ride...
 
In moto 2 I started in 35th (sweet) and could only make it up to 28th before having a huge get-off with 2 laps to go. This time it was on a high speed step-up. I was trying to make a pass and tried a new line which took me through some deep mud right before the take off. The rut was so deep my bike bottomed on the face and kicked me funny...people who saw the crash said it was pretty spectacular. All I know is I have a pretty sore lower back and dont know how I walked away from it...might have something to do with the huge pile of mud I landed in. Either way, I DNFd the moto and got scored for 35th (guess I can say I finished where I started)...
 
It was good to finally qualify there and get to put some laps in, but I wasnt on pace to score points. The field was the deepest Ive ever seen it this weekend. Pretty sure Mike Brown went 11 - 9 !
 
At a hotel in Quebec now getting some R&R today, then riding tomorrow at a nearby track if Im not too sore still. Im looking forward to Moncton this weekend, Ive had some good finishes there and the track seems to be more my style. Hopefully I can turn things back around!
 
Thanks for reading,

DL

Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: