Monday, July 19, 2010

Dylan's Update: Gopher Dunes National

This weekend marked my first national of the year which was Round 5 of the CMRC Pro Nationals at Gopher Dunes. As usual, the track was ROUGH as can be. Although sand isn't my specialty, endurance definitely is and it worked to my advantage today.

There were 52 entries and I made it through timed qualifying in 31st. There were a lot of guys within one second.

Moto 1 - I lined up way on the inside and had a good jump. I ended up getting pushed out way wide in the second turn and rounded the first lap in 32nd...let's just say it was a long moto. I worked my way through the pack and broke the top 20 on the last lap, finishing 20th.

Moto 2- I tried starting closer to the middle this time and had a pretty good start until the second turn. Two riders tangled in front of me and I joined the heap. After getting my bike out it wouldn't start for the life of me. By the time I got it going I was half a lap behind last place. It was going to be a REALLY long race. I decided to give it my all though and I'm glad I did. I charged right until the end and worked my way from last to 22nd. I was stoked with the ride even though I didn't score points.

Overall: 20-22, 25th Overall

Next Friday I leave to embark on my journey out east. I'll be going straight from Quebec to New Brunswick to Ottawa for the next 3 rounds. After that I'll be coming home between Sand Del Lee and the final round at Walton. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated.
Thanks for reading,

DL

Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: