Monday, July 05, 2010

Dylan's Update: Round 4 of Ontario Provincials

It was a long and hot weekend in Port Perry for Round 4. They ran a 2 day, 3 moto format race Saturday/Sunday with practice on Friday. Friday's practice went pretty good - got comfortable on the track and felt good going into Saturday. All the pro motos were on Sunday so all I had Saturday was 2 Youth motos which made for a very long day - especially since they were third and last in the schedule :S

Sunday I had my two MX1 Pro motos and then the third Youth moto at the end of the day. The spaces between my pro motos were REALLY long which hindered me with arm pump in both Pro motos.

Here's my results:

Youth: 2-4-3 --> 2nd overall
MX1 Pro: 10-9 --> 9th overall

It was a bitter-sweet weekend for me. I made up 10 points on the leader in Youth and now sit 2 points out of 1st but I lost a pile of points in Pro and dropped out of the top 3. Considering I was racing mostly the same guys in Youth as I was in Pro, my results in pro SHOULD have been a lot better. I had great starts all 3 youth motos and coincidentally bad starts in both pro motos. The track got really dusty and was a tough track to pass or make up time on so the start was really important.

Well, there's one round to go next weekend in Auburn. I'm hoping to walk away with the Youth championship and with a little luck a top 3 in Pro is still possible.
This week I'm heading to Gopher Dunes to get some practice and suspension tuning in with Strictly MX for the Pro National there on July 18th.
Until next week, thanks for reading.

DL

Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: