Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blackfoot Racing celebrates their tenth anniversary with another MX-1 national championship!


August 10, 2009

 

Blackfoot Racing celebrates their tenth anniversary with another MX-1 national championship!

Colton FacciottiThe Toyota Yamaha Red Bull Blackfoot Fox Racing team arrived at the penultimate round of the 2009 Monster Energy Motocross National Series with one goal: securing the 2009 MX-1 national championship. Not only did they secure the title with a powerhouse performance by Colton Facciotti, Kyle Beaton stood on the podium in MX-2 for the first time this year with a third overall finish at the Sand Del Lee, Ontario circuit on August 9th, 2009.

After a decade of national motocross competition in Canada, Blackfoot Racing has mathematically secured another 1-2 finish as the only other championship contender, Paul Carpenter, was unfortunately injured while practicing and forced to sit out the remaining two rounds. This will be the team’s eighth National MX-1 Championship in ten years, giving the Calgary-based squad a total of 13 National Championships including their MX-2 class victories.

Dusty KlattFacciotti was once again untouchable in the MX-1 class at Sand Del Lee; winning both motos with ease and opening up his championship points lead to 43 over his teammate Dusty Klatt with one round remaining. Dusty had some uncharacteristic difficulty with starts and was forced to work his way up from the back in both MX-1 motos. He ran down almost half the field in moto one to take second place behind Facciotti but the effects of a hard crash he endured in qualifying earlier in the day held him to fourth in the second session, giving him third overall. Klatt enjoys an 86 point lead over the next possible contender which finalizes Blackfoot’s 1-2 punch for 2010.

Meanwhile, Beaton finally found the form that made him a two-time winner last season by winning the opening MX-2 moto and holding on for fourth in the second, giving him third overall on the day. Backing up Kyle in the MX-2 class was his teammate Aron Harvey. Kyle BeatonMuch like Dusty in MX-1, Aron struggled with starts but put in a pair of solid rides nonetheless, ending up with 5-5 moto scores for fifth overall.

Beaton was excited about his return to the podium: “I had a good feeling coming into this race. With my hand injury I haven’t been able to ride much but this week it finally felt good enough for me to get in some practice during the week and that definitely helped with my endurance. My Yamaha YZ250F was working great and I was able to get good starts and put in strong rides in both motos. My lack of riding time caught up with me at the end of that second moto when I got tired and lost the lead but I’m happy to get third overall and hopefully I can improve on that next weekend.”

“It was a good day for our team,” explained team rider trainer Jean-Sebastien Roy. “Beaton finally put a moto together after a long struggle with injury. We were all very excited for him and it that made the MX-2 motos pretty fun to watch as the crowd was definitely pulling for him. I think Dusty impressed me the most as he had a really hard crash in qualifying and hurt his hand pretty badly but he still went out and put in two strong motos. Colton FacciottiObviously it was another day at the office for Colton as he grabbed two really good starts and just led wire to wire in MX-1. Overall things are looking good for our team heading into Walton; at this point Colt pretty much has the title in the bag and Dusty will again wear the #2 plate.”

“I guess you could say I just did what I had to do,” said Colton. “It was a pretty uneventful race for me. My Yamaha YZ450F got me two great starts and I was able to move into the lead early and ride my own race. Thankfully I’ve got a pretty big points lead going into the last round so that takes a bit of the pressure off me. I just plan to do what I’ve been doing all season: ride smart, keep my head up and stay on two wheels and out of trouble. If I stick to that game plan then I will be able to bring home another MX1 championship for the team.”

Facciotti and the rest of the Toyota Yamaha Red Bull Blackfoot Fox racing team will be putting the final phase of their championship game plan into action on August 15th and 16th at the final round of the 2009 Monster Energy Motocross National Series in Walton, ON.

Remember to visit yamaha.blackfootracing.com. The new website has the latest information on our riders, sponsor links, team stats, current and archived press releases, photos of the team and riders and swag including the NEW Team Posters, great team photos as well as other marketing products. Check it out, and be sure to sign up for the Blackfoot Pulse to get the latest updates and press releases on the team delivered right to your inbox.

 
 
 
 
 

Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: