Monday, August 17, 2009

Dylan's Update: The final 2 Canadian Nationals + Photos

Sorry it's been a while since a few weeks since an update. The last
month has not gone my way too much. After blowing my 250F up at
Gopher's I decided to sit out the Quebec and New Brunswick rounds of
the nationals to get some money together to fix the bike and prepare
for Sand Del Lee. Unfortunately, a fluke mistake on the engine rebuild
in the way of a piston circlip (big doh!) caused the 250 motor to quit
again while I was breaking it in. This was the Thursday before Sand
Del Lee. My hopes of racing the 250 were done so I decided to just
load up the 450 and see what I could do.

 I struggled at Sand Del Lee on the big bike and rode pretty tight
being my first national of the year I lined up for. I ended up going
28-24 which was pretty disappointing.
Walton this past weekend was just more disappointment. I felt ok but
with 15 guys within a second in lap times, I failed to qualify by a
fraction of a second.

 It seems I haven't been able to find my groove since injurring my knee
back in May and I'm hoping to just do some fun races this fall
including the Baja Brawl Labour Day weekend to try and get my speed
back. Next will be to prepare for the Montreal SX in early October.

 As for next year it's still a bit early to start thinking about but I
know that financially I will only be afford to run one class and I
also think it is time to focus on only one bike. I've been riding both
classes since I turned Pro in 2007 and it's time to make a change. At
this point I'm uncertain whether it will be the 250 or 450, but if any
of you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.

 Thanks for reading, There's a few photos from the weekend my Dad
snapped at Walton.

 DL
 

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: