Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dylan's Update: Round 4 of Ontario Provincial Series

Well the update from Round 4 is a bit of a bummer...unfortunately in the first moto of the day (MX 2 Pro), on the third or forth lap, while running in 3rd, I had a bad crash on the big finish line jump. It's a really difficult jump on a 250F and I preloaded it as much as I could to get over it and left the face almost vertical. I made it over the jump but when I landed I was real front end high. When the front wheel came down in the soft sand, it got squirrelly and pitched me over the bars. On the way over my left knee hit something on the bars and left a pretty nice gash in my knee. I had to go to the hospital for stitches and after an x-ray, luckily nothing was broken. My knee's still pretty swollen but I've been icing it lots and resting to hopefully make it back for Round 5 this weekend. On the bright side, I did manage to get back on the bike and waited for the checkers so I could still get scored. Surprizingly enough I still sit 3rd Overall in the MX2 and 5th Overall in the MX1 in the Ontario Provincial Championship Series. Also, I didn't injure anything else, so in heinsight, it could of been a lot worse.

On the bright side, I've attached some stellar photos my fiance Lindsey snapped at my practice track last week.

Well, wish me luck in the healing process and hopefully I'll have an update for you next Monday.

DL68

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from motocrosscanada's posterous

No comments: